Take advantage of the 10% OFF online programs now! Use COUPON; HOLIDAYS at checkout. Offer runs from December 25th, 2022 to January 7th, 2023 GET YOURS NOW
Take advantage of the 25% OFF ALL ONLINE PROGRAMS & COURSES.
ENTER COUPON: CYBERMON AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE EXTRA 25% OFF
SALE Ends Monday 28th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
Shop All Mastermind Programs HERE
Black Friday Sale 2022 starts NOW! Take advantage of the 20% OFF ALL ONLINE PROGRAMS & COURSES.
ENTER COUPON: BLKFRIDAY AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE EXTRA 20% OFF
SALE ends Sunday 27th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
Shop All Mastermind Programs HERE
MSK ULTRASOUND MASTERMIND® is happy to announce its annual Thanksgiving Scholarship Giveaway for 2022.
The drawing contest is open for our pages' fans and followers clinicians across social media platforms.
We will grant a 100% full-paid scholarship to the winners of this contest.
We will award 1 scholarship to 1 USA clinician & 1 scholarship to 1 international clinician
If eligible, please fill out the form no later than
11:59 PM EST Wednesday, November 30th, 2022.
***To enter the contest CLICK HERE to fill out the form***
We will only contact the winners of the random drawing contest to proceed with the enrollment. Winners will receive a 100% free scholarship (no fees nor any payments in any form) toward one of our programs or courses of their choice, as outlined in this form.
"Mastermind Conundrums" is episode series of learning experiences for musculoskeletal ultrasound lovers.
Each episode introduces an image with no single image orientation or quotation, much like real life. Working through each unique conundrum, you learn how to think rather than what to think. You will learn to solve complex problems and to think critically about issues.
These fundamental principles are some of the essential skills msk ultrasound lovers will need for the years ahead.
The Mastermind Conundrums series are free for you. You can participate using your favorite social media platform by commenting on the conundrum post (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube). After 5 days, we will reveal the correct answer and a brief analysis in a new social media post and the conundrum post's comment section. So, stay tuned!
Scan the QR Code to access the published episodes in a fun way.
EXHIBITOR: 2022 POCUS World Conference - Imaging as Innovation: Transforming Patient Care Through Point-of-Care Ultrasound
Dates: September 16-17, 2022
According to the Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy's website, the attendee of the 2022 POCUS World Conference will:
- Gain Professional Development Opportunities
Cultivate your profession by participating in this global POCUS community event.
- Access Valuable POCUS Education
Attend educational sessions about Clinical Applications, Trends and Technologies, Education, and Diversity and Inclusion — plus on-demand and poster presentations.
- Secure Mentorship Opportunities
Attend POCUS coaching and training sessions.
- Expand Your Network
Connect with and learn from other POCUS users in the community.
- Engage with Industry Leaders
Learn more about the latest and greatest POCUS devices, software, artificial intelligence, and simulation solutions.
To view the agenda and register for the conference, please visit the conference official page HERE
The Point of Care Ultrasound Certification Academy will hold an educational webinar on August 17th at 12PM ET
Here are the details:
Title: Sonographic Imaging of Musculoskeletal Bursae
Speaker: Raffi Salibian, MD
Description: Bursitis is a common musculoskeletal complaint. Bursal inflammation can occur as a result of acute and/or chronic repetitive trauma, inflammatory arthritis and infection. Bursitis is frequently seen in the region of the shoulder, elbow, knee, hip and ankle. Ultrasound is an effective tool in identifying and characterizing bursal inflammation and in performing image guided bursal intervention.
1. Identify the sonographic appearance of commonly encountered musculoskeletal bursae.
2. Identify key sonographic features that distinguish bursitis from other musculoskeletal pathology.
3. Identify key interventional techniques for safe and effective bursal aspiration or therapeutic injection.
Register HERE directly with the Academy
Musculoskeletal Ultrasound and Electrodiagnostic Testing in the Evaluation of Upper Extremity Pathology: A Case Series - ACEWM NMSKUS-SIG Live Webinar
ACEWM Neuromusculoskeletal Ultrasonography Special Interest Group Live Webinar
Title: Musculoskeletal Ultrasound and Electrodiagnostic Testing in the Evaluation of Upper Extremity Pathology: A Case Series
Speaker: Beshoy Ghaly, PT, DPT, RMSK, ECS
Date and Time: August 9th, 2022, 8 PM EDT
Joint APTA and ACEWM HERE to become a member and access the live webinar. A recorded version will be available in a later date.
Ultrasound Imaging in Physical Therapy
See it! Know it! Treat it!
Infographics (Download directly from the Academy's website HERE)
- 97% of patients understood their conditions better after PTs used ultrasound imaging (Lumsden et al., 2018)
- PTs using ultrasound imaging can lower patient-management risk
- Physical therapists can earn the RMSK, same as physicians (Rigorous exam and strict credentialing requirements)
- Physical Therapists are recognized as Proficient Providers of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Imaging (American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine & Inteleos/Alliance for Physician Certification & Advancement)
- 57% of patients Avoided unnecessary procedures because of ultrasound imaging (Situ-LaCasse et al., 2018)
- $6.9 Billion Savings Compared to MRI from 2006 to 2020 hypothetically (Parker et al., 2008)
- 38% of Therapists used ultrasound imaging for a variety of clinical uses in 49 countries (Ellis et al., 2020)
APTA AOPT Imaging SIG Infographics
American Physical Therapy Association
Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
- Ellis R, Helsby J, Naus J, Bassett S, Fernández-de-Las-Peñas C, Carnero SF, Hides J, O'Sullivan C, Teyhen D, Stokes M, Whittaker JL. Exploring the use of ultrasound imaging by physiotherapists: An international survey. Musculoskelet Sci Pract. 2020 Oct;49:102213. doi: 10.1016/j.msksp.2020.102213. Epub 2020 Jun 27. PMID: 32861368.
- Bakeer, N., Dover, S., Babyn, P., Feldman, B., Drygalski, A., Doria, A., Ignas, D., Abad, A., Bailey, C., Beggs, I., Chang, E., Dunn, A., Funk, S., Gibikote, S., Goddard, N., Hilliard, P., Keshava, S., Kruse‐Jarres, R., Li, Y., Lobet, S., Manco‐Johnson, M., Martinoli, C., O’Donnell, J., Papakonstantinou, O., Pergantou, H., Poonnoose, P., Querol, F., Srivastava, A., Steiner, B., Strike, K., Timmer, M., Tyrrell, P., Vidarsson, L. and Blanchette, V., 2021. Musculoskeletal ultrasound in hemophilia: Results and recommendations from a global survey and consensus meeting. Research and Practice in Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 5(5).
- Lumsden G, Lucas-Garner K, Sutherland S, Dodenhoff R. Physiotherapists utilizing diagnostic ultrasound in shoulder clinics. How useful do patients find immediate feedback from the scan as part of the management of their problem? Musculoskeletal Care. 2018 Mar;16(1):209-213. doi: 10.1002/msc.1213. Epub 2017 Sep 27. PMID: 28952187.
- Situ-LaCasse E, Grieger RW, Crabbe S, Waterbrook AL, Friedman L, Adhikari S. Utility of point-of-care musculoskeletal ultrasound in the evaluation of emergency department musculoskeletal pathology. World J Emerg Med. 2018;9(4):262-266. doi: 10.5847/wjem.j.1920-8642.2018.04.004. PMID: 30181793; PMCID: PMC6117542.
- Parker L, Nazarian LN, Carrino JA, Morrison WB, Grimaldi G, Frangos AJ, Levin DC, Rao VM. Musculoskeletal imaging: medicare use, costs, and potential for cost substitution. J Am Coll Radiol. 2008 Mar;5(3):182-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jacr.2007.07.016. PMID: 18312965.
- Cannella AC, Kissin EY, Torralba KD, Higgs JB, Kaeley GS. Evolution of musculoskeletal ultrasound in the United States: implementation and practice in rheumatology. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2014 Jan;66(1):7-13. doi: 10.1002/acr.22183. PMID: 24115730.
Credits: Beshoy Ghaly, PT, DPT, RMSK, ECS & AOPT Imaging SIG
MSK Ultrasound Mastermind®